Tickets for the following excursions are now on sale!
Buy tickets online for fastest service, or call 1-800-310-4274.
Ticket sales close at 5pm on the evening before the excursion.
Please do not call or mail payment to the Virginia Museum of Transportation for tickets.
2016 brings exciting new destinations and opportunities to experience the Norfolk & Western Class J 611 steam passenger locomotive. No additional excursions are expected in 2016.
The American, Manassas, Virginia to Front Royal, Virginia: June 4 & 5, 2016 (three half-day excursions)
The American is a half-day, 102-mile roundtrip through the rolling hills of Northern Virginia over former Southern Railway tracks. Along with historic landmarks, glimpse vineyards representative of Virginia’s ever-growing wine industry. Continue your journey towards the Shenandoah River, and turn around on the wye along the river at Riverton Junction in Front Royal. This excursion will run Saturday morning (only) and then again on Sunday morning and afternoon. On Saturday afternoon, enjoy the 22st Annual Manassas Heritage Railway Festival taking place — free — from 10 am to 3 pm. 611 will be on display and under steam at the Festival after the morning excursion returns.
- Standard Coach: $129, includes a complimentary snack–SEATS STILL AVAILABLE
- Deluxe Coach: $159, includes a complimentary snack–SEATS STILL AVAILABLE
- First Class: $219, complimentary hors d’oeuvres, soft drinks, and coffee–SEATS STILL AVAILABLE
- Dome Class: $289, complimentary hors d’oeuvres, soft drinks, and coffee–SEATS STILL AVAILABLE
- Chairman’s Class: $449 (add $50 for the end car), the ultimate in luxury and service. Attendants will prepare and serve hot meals, hors d’oeuvres, and soft drinks while you relax in this exclusive section of the train.–SEATS STILL AVAILABLE
- Private Suite: $899 for up to four people, includes complimentary heavy hors d’oeuvres, soft drinks, and coffee. The price is per suite, not per person.–SOLD OUT
Get the latest news by email. Follow this link to sign up for email notifications…